26 June 2007

... That glimmer of hope

She came running to me.
After years of severance.
Little did she know;
I hadn't uttered a word ever since...

She looked at me.
My face turned crimson.
She gazed, right into my eyes.
I blushed yet again.


His eyes echoed nothing
But the same unsullied innocence.
His lips trembled.
And his fingers.

It trickled down his cheek.
That little bead of tear.
He blinked.
And down came the next one.

Her face. The same affection.
It touched a chord; as it did before.
How do I tell her?
I can’t. I can never.

She caught my eyes again.
She smiled.
I broke down.
Slumped on my knees.


T’was never like this.
Did I gesticulate wrongly?
He used to rattle on and on;
Why doesn’t he anymore?

And then, it dawned on me…
And I knelt beside him.
I held him close.
And he wept harder.

It filled the void within.
The idyllic sense of bliss.
And she wiped my tears.
… my childhood sweetheart.

1 comment: